Gowlings is a leading Canadian and international law firm, with over 700 legal professionals serving clients in 10 offices across Canada and around the world. Whether your needs relate to business law, high-stakes litigation or intellectual property matters, we provide a full range of legal services to meet your unique needs and rise to any challenge that comes your way.
In July 2015, we announced that Gowlings will be joining forces with Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading U.K. law firm, to create a new international law firm called Gowling WLG.
Launching in January 2016, Gowling WLG will be home to more than 1,400 legal professionals in 18 cities across Canada, the U.K., Europe, Asia and the Middle East — making it a Global 100 law firm from day one. It will also be the first international legal combination to be co-led by a Canadian firm. Learn more here.
We think you deserve more from your law firm — more cost-certainty, more efficiency and more value. That’s why we created Gowlings Practical™, a groundbreaking approach to legal project management that keeps your legal matters on track, on time and on budget.
With the help of a collaborative software platform designed specifically for the legal environment — the first of its kind in Canada — Gowlings Practical™ provides a clear road map for all types of legal issues, from sophisticated corporate-commercial matters to complex litigation, in Canada and around the world.
With Gowlings Practical™, you always know who is working on your file, how it’s progressing and how much it will cost. No surprises. Just results.
We pride ourselves on delivering both exceptional legal counsel and personal, responsive service — and the industry is taking notice. Here are some of our recent accolades:
View more news, rankings & awards here
- Full-service legal support across business law, advocacy/litigation and intellectual property law, with specialized expertise across dozens of areas. View all our areas of expertise here.
- In-depth understanding of your industry — from energy, mining, infrastructure and life sciences to government affairs, financial services, technology, manufacturing and more.
- Canada-wide legal support in both official languages (English & French), with offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary and Vancouver.
- Global reach through our international offices in London, Moscow and Beijing, as well as our extensive network of referral relationships with law firms in the United States and around the world, including Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and beyond.
- An unwavering commitment to help you maximize your legal spend by delivering exceptional service, value and results.
Subscribe to our free newsletters, seminar and event invitations, and more to stay up to date on the latest legal trends and developments in your industry.