| UNITED KINGDOM
Gowlings is a leading Canadian and international law firm, with over 700 legal professionals serving clients in 10 offices across Canada and around the world. From business law and high-stakes litigation to intellectual property matters, we provide a full range of legal services to meet our clients' unique needs and rise to any challenge that comes their way.
We pride ourselves on delivering both exceptional legal counsel and personal, responsive service — and providing our people with a great place to work.
Responsible for application and hardware systems support and ensuring that requests for support — primarily through the Help Desk — are handled or assigned in the most timely and effective manner possible. This position receives regular direction or guidance; few tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing telephone, email, remote, and on-site support for all applications, proprietary programs, and computer equipment used by the firm
- Ensuring that the Help Desk is monitored at all times during designated Help Desk hours
- Responding to all requests in an appropriate and courteous manner
- Documenting all requests by logging them in the firm’s Help Desk system
- Assessing and resolving all requests for support based on urgency, type of problem and available support staff
- Applying all available problem-solving techniques at his/her disposal to resolve Help Desk issues prior to assigning them to an appropriate team member
- Monitoring and following up on calls assigned to others, as instructed by the Manager, Information Systems
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems on systems and arranging for external service calls or repairs as appropriate
- Maintaining, assigning and logging loaner equipment from a pool; review equipment that has been returned and clean them of files or programs as appropriate, and install new software as required and approved to be signed out
- Regularly, as required and along with other members of the Information Services team, participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Produce a high quality and quantity of work product, occasionally under tight timelines
- Able to prioritize and to redefine priorities when necessary
- Handle stress in a business-like manner
- Solid background in the use and support of standard business applications. Experience specifically with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email, and database products.
- Knowledge of VB scrip, Power Shell, documents management system (Hummingbird DM) and Microsoft SCCM an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required for this position.
Three to four years directly related experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter via email to the co-ordinates indicated below.
Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
3700-1 Place Ville Marie
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.
Each application will be carefully reviewed. However, please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted.