Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within intellectual property law, business law and advocacy to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 700 professionals across offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary, Vancouver, Beijing, Moscow and London, U.K.
Reporting to the Business Development and Marketing Manager, the incumbent is responsible for helping to drive revenue through the creation and implementation of strategic marketing and business development plans for specific practice/industry/client accounts (“portfolio”). The incumbent's responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop strategic marketing and business development plans for specific portfolios, ensuring consistent usage of the Gowlings brand.
- Execute and measure marketing and business development plans, including monitoring and adjusting activities as needed.
- Provide general support to specific portfolios which may include the identification of key industry and client information (trends, issues, client-specific data, and strategic business opportunities).
- Design, develop and implement a best practice planning process to achieve portfolio growth and relationship goals.
- Develop new materials to support business development activities (may include brochures, biographies, ads, news release, presentations, proposals, newsletters etc).
- Plan, organize and execute activities such as seminars, client hosting, speaking opportunities, and other external focused events (include on-site event or project assistance).
- Attend and participate in portfolio meetings to recommend strategies and tactics that support each portfolio's plans and objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key advertisers, and other external service providers as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree or College diploma in marketing, public relations, communications or journalism (equivalent experience will be recognized).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and communications (preferably in professional services).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Bilingualism (French/English) may be required in some offices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter quoting the File No: 2014-10-21/MKTG via e-mail to the co-ordinates indicated below
Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
1600, 421 7th Avenue SW
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.