| UNITED KINGDOM
Gowlings is a leading Canadian and international law firm, with over 700 legal professionals serving clients in 10 offices across Canada and around the world. From business law and high-stakes litigation to intellectual property matters, we provide a full range of legal services to meet our clients' unique needs and rise to any challenge that comes their way.
We pride ourselves on delivering both exceptional legal counsel and personal, responsive service — and providing our people with a great place to work.
The successful candidate will work with our Intellectual Property department. This position requires 4+ years of IP Prosecution and/or IP litigation/Commercial litigation experience.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional’s practice, initiating any followup action as appropriate
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties related to the professional’s practice, including: processing foreign associate invoices, opening/closing client files, review of all incoming mail, handling of professional’s expenses
- Responsible for all accounting duties related to the professionals practice, including: pre bills, invoices, cheque requisitions, foreign bank drafts, wire transfers, etc.
- Accurately prepare legal documents and correspondence with little or no direction
- Co-ordinate flow of documents between legal professionals, various internal and external individuals and clients at all levels
- Work proactively in the day to day support of the professional’s practice, including: monitoring/editing and input of information into the professional’s calendar and contacts, handling professional’s business/personal matters in relation to membership fees and attendance in seminars/webinars
- Generate documents based on digital dictation
- Keep files up-to-date on a consistent basis
- 4+ years of experience, with an emphasis on IP Prosecution and/or IP litigation/Commercial litigation experience
- Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Ability to handle a heavy workload, which includes repetitive tasks
- Superior organizational and attention to detail skills are a must, as well as the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal with clients in a professional manner
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills including the ability to set priorities while dealing with conflicting stressful situations
- Interpersonal skills required to work effectively with other staff and professionals
- Digital dictation experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter quoting the File No: 2015-06-26/PS via e-mail to the co-ordinates indicated below
Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
1600, 421 7th Avenue SW
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.