Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within intellectual property law, business law and advocacy to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 700 professionals across offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary, Vancouver, Beijing, Moscow and London, U.K.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual to join the Advocacy department for the role of a bilingual legal administrative assistant (level I).
Based in the Ottawa office, the successful candidate will perform full legal administrative work of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizing and expediting the flow of work through the professional's practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
- Accurately preparing legal documents and correspondence with minimal direction
- Transcribing and typing legal documents and correspondence
- Liaising between the legal professionals and various internal and external individuals, groups and clients at all levels
- Working proactively in the day to day support of the professional's practice
- Using initiative and good judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail
- Administrative assistant or legal administrative assistant diploma
- One to three years legal experience as an assistant is preferred
- Fluent bilingualism (French/English) is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good keyboard and dicta-typing skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
- Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task within a fast paced environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter quoting the File No: O1453002 via e-mail to the co-ordinates indicated below
Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
160 Elgin Street
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.