Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within intellectual property law, business law and advocacy to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 700 professionals across offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region, Calgary, Vancouver, Beijing, Moscow and London, U.K.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual to join the accounting department in the role of accounting clerk , trust (level III)
Based in the Ottawa office, the successful candidate will ensure the smooth operations of all accounting functions of a responsible and confidential nature for one or more professionals.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Processing time-sensitive trust transactions (deposits and payments) as directed by professionals — real estate transactions, settlements, etc.
- Preparing daily bank deposits for client’s trust funds.
- Issuing cheques to allow for payment of client’s invoices from trust funds.
- Attending banks to make deposits and/or obtain certified cheques.
- Processing incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
- Preparing paperwork for funds invested in Term Deposits/GIC’s, on behalf of clients, including investment of funds, interest, withdrawals and reconciliations.
- Responding to inquiries from staff and professionals regarding firm and trust accounting guidelines.
- Reconciliation of several firm operating bank accounts and research/rectify statement errors.
- Assist with cash receipts processing.
- High school diploma as well as post-secondary courses in accounting.
- Five (5) years of directly related work experience.
- Experience in a law firm would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of accounting software and banking procedures.
- Knowledge of Aderant Expert accounting system would be an asset.
- Ability to change intensity to fit a changing work cycle, attention to small and personalized details in relation to individual professional requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Excellent organizational skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter quoting the File No: O1473005 via e-mail to the co-ordinates indicated below
Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
160 Elgin Street
Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found.