(Disponible en anglais seulement)
Kevin Sartorio is an intellectual property litigator in Gowlings’ Toronto office. As a partner with the firm since 2007, Kevin’s expertise is extensive and covers all areas of IP contentious work, including patent, design, trademark, copyright and trade-secret litigation, as well as opposition proceedings before Canada’s Trademark Opposition Board.
Kevin has appeared as counsel of record in numerous reported decisions of the Federal Court, Federal Court of Appeal, Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada, including some of Canada’s most important trademark and copyright decisions: (e.g. CCH Canadian Ltd v Law Society of Upper Canada  1 SCR 339; Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin v Boutiques Cliquot Ltée  1 SCR 824).
Kevin is a member of Gowlings’ Intellectual Property Litigation and Trademark groups. He chairs the retail sector of Gowlings’ Manufacturing, Sales and Distribution Industry Group, and previously served as chair to Gowlings’ national Copyright Law Group.
Kevin is regularly ranked as a leading IP lawyer by some of the world’s foremost legal directories, including:
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (IP Litigation)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada, 2015 and 2014
- World Trademark Review 2015 and 2014
- Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys 2014
- Managing Intellectual Property: Trademarks and Copyright 2014 - recognized as an "IP star"