| UNITED KINGDOM
Even in a healthy economic environment, there are sectors in trouble. Whether a company needs early- or late-stage restructuring advice or a secured or unsecured creditor needs advice, or fast action, members of Gowlings’ Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency Group work to resolve issues quickly, pragmatically and cost-effectively.
Our Group is one of Canada’s largest of its kind, delivering a full range of services from our offices across the country. We have developed a significant practice for creditors and debtors alike, with a high level of expertise in cross-border insolvencies and restructurings.
Our experience spans the broadest range of industries, notably including: aquaculture, agriculture, automotive, aviation, banking and finance, biotech, construction and development, energy and infrastructure, food and beverage, franchising, health care, hospitality, housing, income trust, life sciences, manufacturing, media, mining and natural resources, publishing, recreational products, retail, real estate, technology, telecom, and transportation and logistics.
We are recognized both nationally and internationally for our creative and modern approach to complex restructuring and insolvency challenges. We expertly represent creditors, debtors, receivers, trustees, monitors, acquirers, suppliers, customers and other restructuring professionals and stakeholders, providing unrivalled service and innovative solutions.
Our services include:
Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Advising on early stage financial and operational restructurings
- CCAA and BIA proposal proceedings
- Bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings
- Enforcing guarantees and security
- Negotiating forbearance and accommodation arrangements
- Advising on insolvency risks in structured transactions
- Mitigating lender liability issues
- Assessing directors’ liability
- Advising regulatory agencies on regulatory compliance
- Advising on the most complex national, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional insolvencies and restructurings
- Bringing the talents and skills of our most senior and experienced team members to bear on the most challenging issues faced by our clients
- Using the respect, trust and experience our corporate restructuring team has earned in the marketplace to leverage the best results for our clients
- Applying the considerable corporate, securities, financial, litigation, international, real estate, governmental, labour, employment, pension, tax, environmental and other skills in a holistic way to achieve optimal solutions
- Structuring and executing sales process whether in or out of court
- Creditor, supplier and customer negotiations
- Retaining investment bankers and advisers to assist in the distressed m&a process
- Sourcing, negotiating and documenting interim and permanent financing solutions
- Timely due diligence on the target
Go to the Distressed M&A page
Go to the Corporate Restructuring page