| UNITED KINGDOM
The tax landscape is complex and continuously evolving, so businesses must move with great care. At Gowlings, our National Tax Practice Group provides innovative and customized advice to clients in Canada and around the world on a wide range of domestic and international tax matters. We take the time to understand your business and to develop sensible solutions.
View our Canadian Tax newsletter
Gowlings’ National Tax Practice Group is committed to providing exceptional client service and value.
Working closely with professionals in our other practice groups and experts in our major industry groups, we provide innovative and customized multidisciplinary solutions for clients.
Recognized as one of Canada's leading law firms for International Tax Transaction and International Tax Planning excellence by International Tax Review, Gowlings is also the sole Canadian member of Taxand, an award-winning global organization that provides high quality advice across nearly 50 countries. With seamless access to Taxand’s international tax experts, Gowlings’ National Tax Practice Group delivers responsive, creative and practical tax advice to clients, wherever their tax issues arise.
Gowlings’ National Tax Practice Group provides counsel on a broad range of tax matters:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- In-bound and out-bound cross-border transactions
- Public and private financing
- Financial products, structured finance, lease transactions and securitization
- Transfer pricing
- Corporate tax planning, reorganizations, amalgamations and sales of businesses
- Debt restructuring
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Executive compensation
- Real estate projects and financing
- Resource taxation
- Indirect tax, harmonized sales tax (HST), goods and services tax (GST), provincial sales tax, and other commodity and customs matters
- Tax planning for businesses and entrepreneurs, including family-owned businesses and succession planning
- Personal and estate planning
- Charities and not-for-profit entities
- Tax dispute resolution, including audits, requirements, voluntary disclosures, rectification applications, fairness applications, and representing clients in disputes with taxing authorities, including the Canada Revenue Agency, and before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Canada and the provincial courts