Welcome to the London office of Gowlings — your gateway to Canada, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and emerging markets worldwide.
Gowlings is one of Canada’s most prominent law firms internationally, and the renowned legal professionals in our London office do business around the globe. Centrally located in the City of London, one of the world’s major financial centres, we offer high-quality English and Canadian legal advice, and exceptional service to an international client base.
Lawyers in our London office regularly act for major financial institutions, global brands, mining, oil & gas, and energy companies, foreign governments, infrastructure agencies, and a wide range of UK- and Canadian-based firms whose businesses are increasingly borderless.
- Banking & Financial Services
- Corporate Finance and M&A
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Government Relations
- Infrastructure & PPP/PFI
- Intellectual Property
- Oil & Gas
- Project Management & Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Technology & Telecommunications
Many of our professionals have been recognized as leading practitioners in their fields by publications such as Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal’s The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners and Expert Guides’ Guide to the World's Leading Trade Mark Law Practitioners.
Our firm distinctions include:
- Capital Markets: Chambers UK 2014 recognized Gowlings as one of the leading law firms in the UK for its capital markets expertise. Gowlings’ capital markets team in London is part of the firm’s broader Corporate Finance and M&A Group. With legal professionals in major business centres across Canada and in the UK, the group advises international clients in a wide range of industry sectors.
- Corporate Finance and M&A: Gowlings has been repeatedly recognized by Thomson Reuters as Canada’s busiest law firm for Canadian M&A. Gowlings is also recognized as a leading Canadian law firm for M&A worldwide, with particular strengths in the UK, China and Latin America.
- Energy, Infrastructure and Mining: The London office is home to one of the top energy, infrastructure and mining legal teams in Europe. Gowlings is recognized by Morningstar as a leading U.K. adviser to AIM-listed companies in the basic materials sector (based on total number of clients) and is listed among the top-20 advisers to AIM-listed companies overall.
- Commercial Dispute Resolution: Our London-based professionals provide practical advice in resolving complex commercial disputes and are frequently involved in multi-jurisdictional disputes, allowing Gowlings to address your disputes with an international dimension.